In this tutorial, we learn how to find the rule for the inverse of a function. We start by looking at the function that converts temperatures from Celsius to Fahrenheit; the inverse of this function converts temperatures from Fahrenheit back to Celsius.
After defining the inverse of a function in terms of cancellation laws, we see that inverses are very useful for solving equations.
Not all functions have an inverse, and so we investigate which types of functions do have an inverse.
* Aimed at students in their final two years of high school.
* Studying mathematics is best done by working through examples and exercises. There are many interactive examples and exercises in this tutorial that must be completed to achieve 100% progress.
* Written by a Maths teacher with 20 years of teaching experience.
* Completely free (no Ads).
* Works without internet so that you can learn Algebra while travelling in the train, bus etc.
* Made with GameMaker.
* Only a 13 MB download.
In Algebra Tutorial 8: Inverse Functions I 1.0.3Added adaptive icons