Parking has never been so easy:
· Start the park assist system in the vehicle and choose the right parking space
· Problems in tight spaces, multi-storey car parks and narrow garages are a thing of the past
· Stop. Get out. Get parked.
THE PARK ASSIST SYSTEM AT A GLANCE:
· Safe parking and manoeuvring – as if by magic
· Automatic scanning for roadside parking spaces
· Parking manoeuvre selection based on specific parking space
· Remote-controlled parking via app outside the vehicle
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
The Park Assist Plus app installed on your smartphone connects to your Touareg via Bluetooth.
As you arrive at your destination, start your park assist system in the vehicle and choose how you’d like to park (e.g. parallel).
The assist system checks the side of the road for available parking spaces of the right size and shows you on the display once it’s found what it’s looking for. When you switch the engine off, you can send the parking process to the app via the infotainment system and get out of the car, looking out for oncoming traffic.
You can now start the parking process in your Remote Parking Assistant app. The assist system takes control of your vehicle and parks in your chosen space by itself.
For safety reasons, you need to hold down the app’s Drive button at all times and stay close to the vehicle. When the process is complete, your Touareg is safely parked and locks automatically.
When you’d like to drive away in your Touareg, launch the app within range of your vehicle and select a parking manoeuvre. Your Touareg’s Park Assist Plus will manoeuvre your vehicle back out of the parking space, taking oncoming traffic into account.
When the selected manoeuvre is complete, you can get in your car and take the wheel.
Data privacy notes: https://consent.vwgroup.io/consent/v1/texts/Park%20Assist%20Plus%20App/de/en/PAP_data_privacy/latest/pdf