Smart Krishi, as the name indicates is a revolutionizing smartphone application, (first of its kind in Nepal) caters to every aspect of farming activities and large pool of relevant information for empowerment of professional Nepali agriculture. Today, when information is a mere fingertip away, why not use it?
The main aim of Smart Krishi is to keep up the spirit of farming, bond different regions and help agriculture grow. It inspires the youth to take up agriculture as farming with a lot of emphasis on organic and profitable farming. It keeps in mind the health and prosperity of all i.e. taking mankind and nature together.
There are numerous features of this application with a simple to use interface, which makes it much adoptable. Farmers in turn are able to utilize most of the features effectively to earn maximum benefit, such as:
1. Package of Practices: This feature enable farmers to access to all the information related to “High value, low product “category crops from Varieties, soil/ climate to harvesting and storage procedure.
2. Price Information: This section gives daily updated price of Vegetables, Meat, fruits and food grains.
3. Success/failure stories and News: This features let farmers to know about the agriculture related news and success/failure stories which can motivate the early startup farmer.
4. Agro Library: For exploration of large pool information related to agriculture related data, feedings for livestock, manure production, benefits of locally available herbs/fruits for particular disease and many more.
5. Buy and Sell: In this section they can put the details of agro tool, product along with their contact detail. Interested one can directly contact them.
6. Helping institutions: Users can access the contact details of helping intuitions like NGO/INGO, DADO, DLSO, government bodies, research centers, banks.
7. Agro-Vet details: Contact details of agro vets all over the Nepal with phone number and email address.
8. Agro jobs/training and events: Here we will notify users about the agro jobs, training programs or upcoming events (exhibitions, conferences) on a national and international level.
9. Farmer’s Community: A pool of agro experts, students, farmers and agro tool traders for discussion on any issues. One can send their queries along with photo of disease their crop is facing and experts will analyze and provide relevant information.
In Smart Krishi 3.3.13