Benny US English voice for SVOX Classic Text To Speech Engine
Did you know it is Christmas all year round, with Santa's little helper Benny moving into your mobile?
Have your personal elf, Benny, read aloud texts from your e-book, navigation, translation and other apps in a funny US English voice powered by SVOX.
When combined with tts-enabled apps, Benny can...
- entertain your kids by reading their names aloud
- give directions, allowing you to keep your eyes on the road while you're driving
- tell you the caller/sender's name or read the content when you receive an incoming call / sms / email
- read aloud your favorite e-books or pdf documents
and much more… the possibilities are limitless!
Browsehttp://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.comfor a list of compatible apps and voice demos.
NEW! Pronunciation correction feature: correct the default output according to your preferences!
== INSTRUCTIONS ==
1. Install and run the voice app once
2. Install free SVOX Classic Text-to-Speech Engine
3. Go to Android Settings -> Voice Input & Output -> Text-to-Speech settings.
Activate SvoxClassic at the bottom of the screen.
Select SvoxClassic as the Default Engine.
4. Run the voice app, click “Continue”, then follow the instructions.
5. Your SVOX Voice main screen will be now visible. Don’t forget to try the new pronunciations correction feature (‘pencil’ icon)!
6. Download other free / paid apps to combine our voice with. For example, you could try: Google Navigation (on Android 2.2 and later, only with Navigation < 5.9), Moon+ Reader PRO, Voice Actions Plus, TalkToMe Classic, Book Speech Audio Books, Transzilla, Good Morning, WakeVoice...
Browsehttp://svoxmobilevoices.wordpress.com/faq/for a list of frequently asked questions.
And now … enjoy your new SVOX voice!
== PRONUNCIATION CORRECTION FEATURE - HOW TO ==
1. Run the voice app
2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon. The pronunciation correction screen will now be shown.
3. Tap on the Android menu key and select ‘Help’
== NOTES ==
1. Google Navigation requires that the Text-to-Speech voice matches the phone language. You can change the phone language in Android Settings -> Language & keyboard -> Select language
Compatible with Google Navigation version < 5.9
2. On Android 2.1 and earlier, only some apps, like Google Translation, support changing voices.
In SVOX US English Benny Voice 3.1.4